The Art of Manliness recently posted an article listing down 100 must-read books for men.
Unfortunately, most of the books are pretty alien to me even though I’m a librarian. I tend to read more nerdy stuff like techie books on HTML, CSS, and web design as well as business and current affairs magazines.
The ones that I’ve read before are:
- Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People (Call No.: English 158.1 CAR or here)
- Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Call No.: J English TWA)
- Herman Melville’s Moby-Dick (Call No.: J English MEL or English MEL)
- Daniel Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe (Call No.: English DEF)
- The Bible
- Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird (Call No.: English LEE)
Although the book is not on the list, my personal favorite book of all time is Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart (Call No.:English ACH). Read this book for my literature class when I was 14 and the story remains quite deeply in my mind.
So, what do you think about the listing? If you are a guy, would you have read the books listed? Maybe someone should come up with a list for women.